Business Declares Network:
A community of businesses who have declared a climate emergency
As business leaders we declare a climate and ecological emergency.
- We commit to tell the truth on the climate and ecological emergency, and to inspire urgent action and debate.
- We celebrate and support all the companies who declare and want to inspire others on this path.
- We use our influence to engage business leaders, who want to understand what it means to declare and we challenge them to set their own targets and actions.
- We position ourselves as challengers and urge faster action than Paris agreement as called for by students, central bankers, policy makers, and leaders in culture, architects, doctors and engineers
What is the aim of Business Declares Network?
To encourage and enable as many businesses as possible formally to declare a climate and ecological emergency and to act accordingly,
The Business Declares Network has three objectives:
- Network. We support a network of business leaders who are united in their public declaration of the climate emergency.
- Resources. We provide resources to help businesses set and deliver upon their Climate Emergency Plans.
- Events. We convene business leaders and provide an opportunity to learn, share and support one another.
What does a business declaring a Climate Emergency commit to?
- Developing a ‘Climate Emergency Plan’ – discussing it with Executive and Board within 6 months
- Publishing a board resolution of this declaration and an annual report on progress on the ‘Climate Emergency Plan’
- Ensuring the ‘Climate Emergency Plan’ represents an acceleration of your current trajectory and actions are in line with what is needed to reach net zero timescale between 2025-2050 and keeps us within 1.5 degrees
- Designing realistic milestones to allow for business reconfiguration with appropriate interim targets if net zero is beyond 2030
- Sharing best practices amongst peers
- Advocating for change and encouraging staff and stakeholders to take action
How do you join?
The aim of Business Declares is to support business in declaring a climate and ecological emergency and taking purposeful action to meet science-based targets
You can join initially as a business supporter, whilst you are in discussion internally within your business about the declaration – please contact us at
As a network business supporter, you agree to:
- Share best practice amongst peers on a non-competitive level
- Advocate change and encourage staff and stakeholders to take action
- Support and Co-host events where possible
- Plan internally how to respond to the climate emergency and your targets
When the business makes a declaration business declares, to join Business Declares they commit as above.
As a company that has made a declaration on climate and ecological emergency, we would like to discuss adding your company name and logo to the list of declarations on our Business Declares website. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The list of supportive business leaders is as follows:
- Seb Beloe, Edward Franks and George Latham, partners at WHEB
- Thomas Bourne, Founder of Greenheart Business Consulting Ltd*
- Michael Bonte-Friedheim, Founding Partner & Group CEO, NextEnergy Capital
- Tomas Carruthers , CEO , Project Heather
- Amy Clarke, co-founder, Tribe Impact Capital LLP
- Chris Davis, CSO, The Body Shop International Ltd
- John Elkington co-founder and Louise Kjellerup Roper, CEO, Volans Ventures Ltd
- Brad Frankel, CEO and co-founder, Flooglebinder Ltd
- Jake Hayman, CEO, Ten Years’ Time
- Jeremy Leggett, founder and director, Solarcentury Ltd
- Charmian Love and Amanda Feldman, co-founders, Heliotropy Ltd
- Sophie Marple, partner, Snowball LLP
- Andy Middleton, founder and chief exploration officer, TYF Group
- Ben Alun-Jones, Co founder Unmade
- Safia Minney MBE, founder & Former CEO, People Tree Fair Trade group
- James Perry, partner, Snowball LLP
- Paul Polman, former CEO, Unilever plc
- Samer Salty, co-founder and managing partner, Zouk Capital LLP
- Sir Tim Smit, founder of The Eden Project, executive chairman of Eden Regeneration Ltd
- Tristram Stuart – founder of Toast Ale*
- Hermione Taylor, CEO and founder, The Do Nation Enterprise Ltd
- Diana Verde Nieto, CEO and co-founder, Positive Luxury Ltd
- Dale Vince OBE, founder, The Ecotricity Group*
- Bevis Watts, managing director, Triodos Bank UK
- Tim Westwell, co-founder and former CEO, Pukka
- Matt Hocking, CEO and founder, LEAP*
- Oliver Greenfield, Convenor, Green Economy Coalition
- Tom and Vinnneta Greenwood, Wholegrain Digital*
- Amanda Powell-Smith, CEO Forster Communications*
* Businesses that have openly declared a climate emergency